Sunday, February 14, 2016

Burritos Are My Love Language

Valentine's Day is a silly holiday. I see people get so worked up over whether or not they have a special someone or a special something planned, and at the end of the day, it's just a day in February. But I love making the most of all of the silly little holidays for my kids. And I let myself feel a little down yesterday because I had nothing planned, and I wasn't really feeling "it." I didn't want to go out in the frigid cold to shop for this silly holiday. And then I felt worse for feeling anything about Valentine's Day. 

I started the day with French toast, to get rid of the rest of a loaf of Texas toast, and the last of the five dozen eggs we bought to stock up. Then of course I made the discovery that we were all out of syrup. But the kids were the most excited about the plastic knives I gave them to cut up their French toast. And I realized that it doesn't take any big, fancy plans, only little gestures. 

I inadvertently discovered that I dress up my kids and take pictures of them every year on Valentine's Day, so I had another simple little tradition that was easy enough to keep up with. I decided to make some quick, simple props for their pictures this year. I dug up previous year's photos, but I had a little issue with formatting, so they're just a big hot mess! I made sure to put them after the jump...




IMG_0471.JPGIMG_0476.JPGIMG_0475.JPGIMG_0463.JPGIMG_0461.JPGIMG_0473.JPGIMG_0474.JPGIMG_0470.JPGIMG_0465.JPGIMG_0464.JPGIMG_0472.JPGIMG_0477.JPGIMG_0466.JPGIMG_0462.JPGIMG_0469.JPGIMG_0468.JPGIMG_0467.JPG







No comments:

Post a Comment