Thursday, November 14, 2019

Day Four: An Update

Since my last draft of a blog post, we've moved back from North Platte, Travis was hired on at UPS, Donald Trump was elected President and became the cherry on top of the absolute shit sundae that was 2016, and I've put in three solid years in the Methodist Health System. It's like time travel to go back and read words I wrote in the first half of 2016, completely unaware of what was to come.

Today was the fourth day in a row that I remembered to take my antidepressant, the one I started two years ago when things got really, really bad. I've never been able to stick with it long enough to see if it actually does help.

Today I took my last $20 and my smallest helper to Aldi for provisions to get us by until tomorrow (Pay Day!). We have been so hilariously poor since moving back to Omaha. Or at least, maybe it will be hilarious to look back on someday. I've been getting us by on about $70ish dollars a week for groceries the past few weeks, which is no easy feat. There are seven of us! Like, get the fuck out.

I've decided to try blogging again because I think it's the right time: blogging has turned into something so bizarre and unrecognizable over the past few years. I believe that people are ready to go back to the basics. And while I'm not doing it for an audience, it's exciting to think about being part of a comeback. Old school blogging, let's do this!

I've also a) had too much on my brain to keep using Instagram captions as my only outlet and b) missed writing and feel like I'm really rusty at it.

I am in my thirties. My dirty thirties, if you're that kind of person, although my twenties were wayyy dirtier. I still do not feel like a successful adult. Does anyone? I have to really get into the right headspace, really work myself up to doing adult things sometimes. It's like going to the gym; I dread it and it's awful but once I finally push myself through it, I feel so much better.

Says the girl who keeps letting gym memberships go dormant. I really need to go to the gym.

I don't know how to properly dice an onion either.

But today I dealt with the insurance hullabaloo of the accident I got into some number of days ago and I felt like so much less of a pile of hot garage for doing so. Also worth noting, I went and got me a (third, possibly fourth) job on my regular Target rounds while the kids were at school. I start tomorrow.

I'm also really bad at conclusions. So...the end? Here's hoping I don't wait another three years to write more k


No comments:

Post a Comment